Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
Link
Subject
Comment
File
Verification
Password (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types and how to play them.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 51200 KB.
  • Images greater than 200x200 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • For the posting of demoscene, tracked, and otherwise original music.
    Please describe all files when uploading, to avoid confusion.
  • We've got our own theme music, collaborated on by the regulars and some guys who just wandered by.

File: minders of the offspring.mp3 -(8044042 B, 0x0) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
8044042 No.11010  

Done in OpenMPT, then split up and exported to Ableton. There's a video on Youtube too if you want to look it up.

>> No.11011  

Fucking noisy, unlistenable shit. I expect better from you!

>> No.11012  

>>11011

Personally, it's my favourite track of mine and quite a lot of others like it too. If you don't like electro-goth/industrial/witch house/drag it probably won't be your thing.

>> No.11013  
File: minders.mp3 -(3051715 B, 0x0) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.

Actually, it's kind of interesting, because back when I was in mod_shrine people acted like or implied my music was somehow inferior, and certain people (like overcoat, who most people think is an asshole anyway) acted like I wasn't taking the advice of others being hard-headed, etc.

I usually point out, and get ignored that I don't really want to make music more like the others. A lot of my stuff did sound very amateur. I've attached the original Minders of the Offspring for a comparison - my production/mixing tended to be quite poor, but now I'm using Ableton for touching stuff up it tends to make a lot more sense to me.

This track kind of represents me moving more towards the direction I'm happy with. Of course most demoscene people aren't going to like it, and will probably even prefer the original. It's a style of music that's just not regarded very highly.

I think it's important not to compromise on your ideas and not to fall into the trap of getting guilted into accepting "advice" that doesn't apply to you(not that I ever got much or any actual advice), I get that a lot because I'm an outsider wherever I go.

>> No.11014  

It's admirable to stick to your own style in the face of criticism, but I think there are ways to become objectively better without compromising your ideals. You should take all advice with a grain of salt, but you shouldn't discard it either. If you want people to keep an open mind toward your music, keep an open mind toward their advice. Calling yourself an "outsider" can become an excuse.

With that said, I like this track's production more than the original, but it has some issues. The main problem is too much muddy low end and too much reverb. Some EQ and perhaps some more open-voiced chords (as in raising the third of the chord an octave) would help with the first problem and lowering the reverb/decay time of instruments is the solution to the second.

>> No.11017  

this track has a cool 80s vibe - it sounds like it could be BGM in one of the Zeiram movies. In other words, I approve. I do agree with the previous poster, though; your track has a lot of sounds in the same range that kind of step on each other. As it is there seems to be a lot of complexity here that's getting lost because I can't properly hear all of the elements in the track. Less reverb, a little eq and maybe some different sound choices could take this track from interesting to awesome.

Pretty cool though, I hope you do more work in this style!

>> No.11020  

>>11014

Hi, I agree, criticism is still important to listen to, even if most of what you get isn't very useful. However I definitely do think it's a big improvement.

As for the excessive bass and reverb - it's largely part of the style. If you look up "Witch House/Drag" type stuff it tends to be produced in a similar style. I'm not copying it exactly though.

Part of the problem is my monitors are quite good but I don't have a subwoofer, so it can be hard to check for excessive bass.

I also personally like when mixes are "Less than perfect". Getting things to sit better in a mix is something I need to work at more, though in this track's case, it's sort of influenced by Shoegaze and drone where everything is sort of meant to blend into one sound.

>> No.11027  
File: World Class Johnny.mp3 -(1391443 B, 0x0) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.

I was the first comment.

I'm sorry dusthillguy, you should be doing what you want, and it's not so bad now that I listen to it again.

I just completely selfishly want you to do more silly stuff with yyeeeaaaaaahhhh and PPPEEEEENNNIIIISSSS samples. Have you got an archive of all your stuff somewhere btw, other than 8bc?

Like this one. This is one of my favourites of yours.

>> No.11028  

i so want to remix the song in the OP

>> No.11029  

BIG PENIS GIGANTOS

>>11027
I'm dusthillguy. I just want to let you know, "DENNACE BENNACE LOVE" isn't me, they're a friend of mine who shares some of the same jokes that I use.

I have a dmusic page, but I don't update it now. I think it has a few things that the 8bc page doesn't. http://patrickmay2000.dmusic.com/
There's also my youtube page, too. Apart from that I don't have anything else, but if you're interested, I can make an archive containing all my midi and tracker stuff and upload it to mediafire.

PENIS FOREVER!!! !!! !!!

>> No.11030  

>>11029

Oh whoops. Yeah, can you upload all that to mediafire? Thanks!

>> No.11032  
File: 1310690572650.jpg -(58205 B, 768x576) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.

>>11030
Here you go. Sorry it took me a while, I had some trouble uploading the larger files.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30614076/dusthillguy_midiarchive.7z
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30614076/dusthillguy_trackercollection_part1.7z
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30614076/dusthillguy_trackercollection_part2.7z
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30614076/dusthillguy_trackercollection_part3.7z

>> No.11035  
File: aerogp4.it -(956885 B, 0x0) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.

>>11032

Thanks!

yeeeaaaaaaahhhhh

>> No.11036  
File: Andes.it -(652538 B, 0x0) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.

Fuck yes

>> No.11037  
File: ayjjy.it -(179833 B, 0x0) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.

PEEEEEEEEEEE, PEE PEE PEE PEEEEENIS

Delete Post []
Password